This issue continues the series exclusive to AMUST on the 99 divine attributes of Allah.
Read previous parts at www.goo.gl/L1wvP2
95. Badi – The Unprecedented
And to Allah belongs the east and the west. So wherever you [might] turn, there is the Face of Allah. Indeed, Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.1
They say, “Allah has taken a son.” Exalted is He! Rather, to Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are devoutly obedient to Him,2
Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, “Be,” and it is.
Those who do not know say, “Why does Allah not speak to us or there come to us a sign?” Thus spoke those before them like their words.3 Their hearts resemble each other. We have shown clearly the signs to a people who are certain [in faith].4
Indeed, We have sent you, [O Muhammad], with the truth as a bringer of good tidings and a warner, and you will not be asked about the companions of Hellfire.5
And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion6 Say, “Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance.” If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper. 7
Those to whom We have given the Book recite it with its true recital. They [are the ones who] believe in it. And whoever disbelieves in it – it is they who are the losers.8
- And Allah is neither Eastern nor Western. He is the Master of all directions and localities and is not Himself imprisoned in any direction or at any locality. Hence the allotment of any direction or locality for His worship does not pertain to the idea that Allah lives there or in that region. So it is of no worth quarrelling about the issue why particular direction or locality has been changed now onward.
- Allah is never limited, tight heartened, conservative or destitute, as you all have considered Him as similar to yourselves. Rather His Godhead is vast like His world view and His circle of beneficence. He also knows well what His servant is; where and at what time remembering Him in what way.
- The distorted view presented now-a-days has been demanded or presented previously. The fraud of going astray is of the same transparent styles that was presented in the form of some questions and suspicions just like before.
- They demanded that Allah should Himself come to them all and present directly His directions to follow them. Otherwise they are demanding pertinent evidence to account for what Muhammad is claiming.
- This objection that why does God not talk with us is so absurd and unreasonable that there was no need of a response. The response has been presented about the evidence of the many signs. These signs are not apparent to those who choose to ignore them.
- The most obvious evidence is the graceful personality of Muhammad (s). The conditions of his reputation and how he passed the forty years before his prophethood, the conditions of the society in which he was born and the marvellous exemplary achievements after his prophethood; all these are brilliant illuminating signs that negates the need of any other sign.
- All these objections and dissatisfactions point to the fact that these people will adhere to the same hypocritical behaviour and practice of mischievous self-defence instead of God worship. So why did Muhammad not adopt to mould the principles and directions of God’s directives according to his own clever strategies? They were eager to try and persuade him to follow this show and artificiality whilst they continued on in their worldly actions. So it is impossible for them to be satisfied with any evidence.
- This verse points to the pious and righteous persons of the People of the Books. They recite and study the Book of Allah with full humility and sincerity which persuades them to believe in the directives of the Quran.
Continued in AMUST issue #139 June.