A unique collection of music on a CD album named “Rahat” was released on Tuesday 17 May 2022 at the NSW parliament in the presence of politicians, community leaders, creative artists and businessmen.
The event included speeches on social cohesion as well as short video clips of the VIPs reviewing the Rahat Project and acknowledgements of the creative artists who put it together.
Rahat CD comprises of 2 CDs and contains a 28-page booklet which elaborates information on WAACI, profiles of poet Rahat and artists and seven poetry tracks written in Hindi, Urdu including an English summary of 7 music tracks.
The Rahat Project by ‘We Australians Are Creative Inc’, WAACI involving 65 artists is conceived as a musical tribute to the friendship, deep respect and affection Mr Om Krishan Rahat, a senior Urdu/Hindi poet in Australia who passed away in 2018 in Western Sydney.
Rahat, an Australian initiative has been produced in collaboration with creative artists of ethnicities from Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Spain, Fiji, UK, Malaysia, Spain and Cambodia
The music composed and arranged by Abbas Raza Alvi breathes life into the poetry selections of Rahat’s lyrics, superbly sung and performed by creative artists.
Rahat’s poetry, influenced by the good and bad times, is laced with themes of childhood memories, childhood friends, backyards, dreams, lost friends, multiculturalism, peace and harmony.
These songs capture the poet’s lifetime experience, describing the history of life-changing turbulent times during the post-WWII period, especially in the Indian subcontinent.
The Rahat CD sets a new approach to assist inter-nation cooperation. A message stick of soothing music reminding the values of brotherhood and peace that once prevailed in pre-partition communities.
Rahat project produced by WAACI (We Australians are Creative Inc), a not-for-profit Australian organisation, networking Creativity in Australia.
Rahat is a digital quality Australian album recorded and produced in Australia, which includes the most popular and melodious voices of Australian talents.
- Music curated by Abbas Raza Alvi: connect at https://www.facebook.com/aralvi
- Presented by WAACI, ‘We Australians Are Creative Inc’: website: www.waaci.org.au
- Project Production support Team: Haider Naqvi, Iqtedar Abdi, Michael Raj, Mohammad Jafar, Omila Bir, Simran Gulati, Sudesh Sud, Wahab Siddiqui and Zafar Siddiqui.
- Singers & Creative Presentations: Abhijeet Srivastava, Akanksha Srivastava, Aman Pal, Anup Kumar, Avijit Sarkar, Heena Sachdeva, Kartik Mohandas, Mehreen Javed, Neha Kapoor, Parkash Pal, Pupinder Mintu, Pushpa Jagadish, Rachna Bhatnagar, Sanket Tiwari and Sumeet Malhotra.
- Music Instrument players: Aditya Apte, Aman Pal, Kamrul Ahmed, Mayank Singh, Saeed Hasan, Selim Ahmed, Vikas Pawar.
- Sound Design & Music arrangements & Mastering: Remo, Rajbir, Rehan Jeffery, Waseem Raza.
- Visual Media Coordinator: Taufeeq Ahmed Video.
- Media Producers: Abbas Zaheer, Harjot Singh, Kamran Afzal Mirza, Mussawar Chughtai, Mayur Vikram, Naseem Khan, Pankaj Upadhayay and Shahid Chughtai.
- Music Video Cast: Gagan-deep Sigh Jassal, Megha Sevekari, Mehak Sikka Bhatnagar, Nripesh Ahuja, Ranjeet Manjrekar, Rupanti Akid, Sankalp Bhatnagar & Shriya Gandhi.
- Video production support: Jyotsana Sharma, Sarfaraz Iqbal & Teh Thai.
Prof Raj Mohan Gandhi (Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi)
Hon Shashi Tharoor
Hon Ani Shastri (Son of Former Indian PM Lal Bahadur Shastri)
Video Bites VIP
Video Animation about RAHAT
Video Clips of Compositions
Video Track 5- Khwab Kaisa bhi ho–ख़्वाब कैसा भी हो
Video Track 1 –जब से मेरा दिल तुम्हारा हो गया
Video Track 4 –Jahaan Jhukaanaa– जहाँ झुकाना था सर को