Small Business Month 2018 has started this month to celebrate small to medium-sized businesses and the role they play in NSW. It’s not too late to participate in this month’s series of events and training to be held in October across metropolitan and regional NSW.
Small Business Month is funded by the NSW Government and presented by the NSW Department of Industry in order to assist start-ups by scheduling a number of events, workshops and online webinars throughout the month of October with diverse topics which truly provides perfect opportunity to go out to network and meet with other business people; to share new out of the box fresh ideas; listen to experienced entrepreneurs and the ability to network for growth.
It is reported “736,000 small to medium-sized businesses play in creating jobs for 44% of our workforce and driving economic growth across the state,” (NSW Government 2018).
Almost all of NSW councils as well as local chambers of commerce have been invited to participate by running seminar and training events for their business communities. The exciting diverse events across NSW are grouped through nine categories including:
- Digital Innovation And The Future
- Finance, Business Planning And Resilience
- Getting Started: Innovation And Entrepreneurship
- Construction And Infrastructure Development
- Women In Business
- Indigenous Business, Getting Going And Growing
- Opportunities In Western Sydney And Our Reginald Communities
- Health And Wellbeing Awareness
- New Government’s Support For Small Business
Make sure you make time to go out and network. For more information on events, dates and registration visit https://www.businessmonth.nsw.gov.au/