Terms and Conditions for the Eid Photography Competition:
1. This competition is open to all except for employees of The Australasian Muslim Times, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted online on the AMUST website or emailed to [email protected], subject: Eid Photo Competition. If emailed, entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be high resolution. Entrants should include their contact detail.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grant permission for The Australasian Muslim Times to feature any or all of the submitted images in their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition during the September 2018 edition of the newspaper.
7. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winners will be notified on 31 August 2018.
9. One first winner shall win $100 cash deposited into their bank account and the second would receive a free yearly subscription.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
14. The Australasian Muslim Times is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition.