This issue continues the series exclusive to AMUST on the 99 divine attributes of Allah.
Read previous parts at
- Al–Awwal – The First Foremost
- Al–Ākhir–The Ultimate
- Al-Zāhir–The Manifest
- Al–Batin–The Hidden
“Whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Allah1 – and He is the one All-Mighty, All-Wise. 2
His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. It is He who gives life and causes death and He is All-Competent to do things.
He is the First ( nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him), and the Most Manifest and the Most Hidden. And He is the All-Knower of everything.3
He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then rose over (Istawa) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it, and what descends from the heavens and what ascends thereto.4 And He is with you (by His knowledge) wheresoever you may be, and Allah us the All-Seer of what you do. 5
His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. And To Allah returns all matter (for decision)
He merges night into day (i.e. the decrease in the hours of the night is added into the hours of the day) and merges day into night (i.e. the decrease in the hours of the day is added into hours of the night) and He has full knowledge of whatsoever is in the breasts.6
(Al-Hadīd: 57: 1-6)
- The word ‘glorifies’ indicates that every item of the whole universe has been manifested and declares that the Creator Allah (God) is totally pure and undefiled from any kind of deficiency, misfit, fallacy, wrongness and evil. In the Arabic language, the verb used in the past tense refers the action to be conducted both in the present as well as in the future. Hence the word ‘glorifies’ refers to be carried on in all the three periods past, present and future. Hence first verse no 1 declares that each and every atom of the universe refers to the glorification of the Creator and Supreme Rabb manifesting throughout from the beginning to the end of the universe.
- It is important that is must be known and believed that Allah is Al-Aziz (The Mighty) on one hand, and simultaneously He is Al-Hakeem (The Wise One). Aziz pertains to the characteristics of power and domination to the extent that no one can interfere and change in anyway His performance as He intends and accomplishes. Hakeem pertains to all His activities and performance with full wisdom and true fulfilment without any kind of ignorance or foolishness.Al Qur’an teaches the humans always to get reminded that Allah deals with the concessions of softness, forgiveness and mercy over the people after committing mistakes, feel shy and repent over the performance of minor or major mistakes. So Allah is very kind to the culprits and forgives their mistakes if they come back to Him with a change in their thinking and actions.
- In the Holy Qur’an, wherever the word Aziz has been used with any other word always coveying the sense on similar meaning verse hakeem, Raheem, Rahman, ghufran, wahhab, hameed that has been mentioned in order to get the performance of Azeez in the proper sense. This points out that if any power having lot of strength does not pervert to become foolish, merciless, strict and characterless, so that He functions always without disaster or damage. It is emphatically declared by Allah that He existed when nothing existed in the universe and He shall also exist in eternity period when nothing itself remains existent. He is the most Merciful of all that manifests because all which becomes manifested is being through His light and performance. And He is Secret much more than anyone else because it is totally impossible to know Him through senses to the extent that even no human’s intellect, thought or speculation can be conceive the facts of matter about Him.
- This verse depicts the mystery around Allah which precisely means that Allah is the Creator of the universe as well as it’s Sovereign and Controller. This has been explained in detail in other verses of the Qur’an, chapter 32:6-9.
- He is dominating over the whole universe. No one is in the universe who can interfere in His intention or discard His order. Everything is under His domination and no one can challenge Him.
- Together with the cohesive power and control is never cruel and He is very generous, kind and merciful to His creation.
- Innumerable creation have been dealt with by Allah but nothing of it is mishandled and unbalanced. Every creation has its own beauty and is very useful. He has created eyes for seeing and ears for hearing and water has been created for the fulfillment of their utilities. Air is exactly suitable as well as water for their full purpose. No human being can point out any deficiency or defect in the existence by Allah.
- Allah created the first human being through His direct-creation process and then He bestowed upon the human beings the pro-creation power that the humans are being acted through the human semen sperms. First miracle of Allah is that He bestowed upon the first human life, consciousness and intellect by Himself and then onwards through the creative system by virtue of which a wonderful creature termed human came into existence. The second miracle of Allah is that Allah engrained a particular mechanism inside the human being for producing the ongoing human beings. Hence, intellect is wonder-struck about Allah’s methodology and functions.There seems no logical fallacy by accepting that the first sperm cell came into existence through the creation by Allah and the human species has been coming into existence through different forms and techniques of pro-creation ordained by Allah. This hypothesis solves many riddles which have been left unsolved by the advocates of Darwinism. This must not be ignored that the direct-creation process of Allah developed the most minor microbe to the extent of full-fledged human being and humans personality was completed by developing all the limbs and organs by Allah.
- How much the scientist in the time of Darwin may boast upon their scientific interpretation of creation but they can never get rid of the direct creation of sperm cells. If His creation is not genuinely accepted then an absurd suggestion is to be accepted that the commencement of life is just a chance. The situation depicts so complex and delicate scientific process even in a cell-oriented animal than it’s declaration as a chance is itself highly un-scientific as the advocates of evolution theory ascribe to the creation theory.
- Basically it means that Allah is Knowledgeable not only about the generic of the objects but knows about the particularities of the objects as well. He is well acquainted with each and every growth buried under the layers of the earth. He is watchful of each leaf and root sprouting from the earth, each and every drop of rain that falls from the sky as well as each quantity of the vapors arising from the lakes and oceans for developing clouds in the sky. He is well aware which seed is lain and at what points to sprout it for further development. He also gathers all the vapors to form a cloud which He then transfers to get rained at different places which He plans to be executed.
- No human being can be out of jurisdiction of Allah out of His sovereignty. Allah know well where humans are on earth, in air, in water or at any isolated place. You may realize that any place in the universe itself is attests that Allah is looking after your life and takes care of you even at that place.Continued in AMUST issue #126 May