In its AGM held on 30 August 2014, Aligarh Muslim University Alumni of Australia elected a new executive committee to carry out its social and educational programmes for the next two years.
The AMU Alumni has been working for more than 20 years and one of its main tasks is to grant scholarship to economically disadvantaged students in India from a scholarship fund established in Australia.
Initially the Alumni granted scholarships to students at the Aligarh Muslim University, but has now expanded the programme to include Jamia Millia in New Delhi as well as to school students in Faizabad, UP.
The Alumni also helps in infrastructure projects to establish School buildings, classrooms and scientific laboratories for technical education.
During the AGM, the outgoing President, Dr Fasihuddin Khan listed a number of achievements of the Alumni during his two year term:
- Representation at various Multicultural Functions, Community functions and Dinners.
- Wide media coverage (SBS, Rabitah magazine, India Link, and Sada-E-Watan)
- Promotion of AMU Alumni and its activities at various levels.
- Introduction of Educational Achievement Award for bright students of HSC.
- Invited renowned academics and personalities as speakers and guest.
- Introduction of Professional Engraved Plaque and souvenir.
- Fully sponsored BBQ events.
- Publishing and releasing of AMU Alumni Magazine.
- Program improvements by organising events in the state of the art Hall and Venue.
- First ever Fund Raising Dinner organised in a Five Start Hotel.
- Drastic change and improvement in the standard of programs and events.
- As a part of Business engagement, signed the MOU with MCCA.
- Initiated the interactive information session via Skype.
- Largest collection of fund ever.
- First time Introduction of Scholarship for Vocational Courses and construction of Electronic Lab.
- First time invited diplomat of India and Pakistan in our Fund Raising Dinner program.
The new executive committee of the Alumni is listed below.
President: Mr. Aale Ali
Vice president: Mr. Riyaz Akhtar
Secretary: Mr. Khursheed Anwar
Joint secretary: Mr. Syed Ryazuddin
Treasurer: Mr. Siraj Akhtar
Joint treasurer: Mr. Ibadurehman
Mr. Syed Hamid Ali
Mr. Yusuf Mustafa
Mr. Arif Qureshi
Mr. Shabih Haider
Dr. Samiuddin Syed
Dr. Azhar Nomani
Mr. Faiz Ahmad
Ms. Saba Rasheed
Mr. Farough Zaidi
Mr. Zamir Khan
For further information, please contact the Secretary: