History testifies that all great Muslim leaders and scholars had a simple lifestyle of the ordinary citizen. Some even lived a life in poverty. Umar ibn Abdu’l Aziz (682-720), Tariq ibn Ziyad (670-720), Nureddin Zangi (1118-1174), Saladin Ayyubi (1133-1197), all Ottoman Sultans from Osman Ghazi (d.1324) to Yavuz Sultan Salim (1470-1520) had a very simple life. They did not leave almost any inheritance similar to Four Rightly Guided Caliphs. Not just these leaders but also their top administrators followed their footsteps as well. Umar ibn Abdul Aziz after consulting with the great scholars of the time forbade trade and...Read More
Author: Dr Salih Yucel
- Muslims in the West need to be vocal
- Good news follows some bad news
- IFAM launches Islamic Quiz program 2017
- Aspiring leaders Umrah tour 2017
- Amity College continues its strong academic tradition
- Andalusia – Granada and the Alhambra
- Muslim registry: an attack on Accessible America
- SAMAA harbour cruise and upcoming Mehfil-e-Qawwali
- Free serve of tennis to Muslim women and girls
- Simple lifestyle essential for successful leadership
- Australia’s biggest halal expo ever!
- Australia, where’s the love?
- IFAM explains Islam to festival-goers