Personal names appear to play an important role in a society. Most Muslims who come from the Middle East tend to use or already have Arabic or Islamic names, which may have roots in the Arabic language. However, there’s a growing number of Muslims in the Western world, who either reverted to Islam or were born there to Muslim parents and have English names. They do not have to change their names to Middle-Eastern names, because they represent their father’s or family name. “..Call them by [the names of] their fathers; it is more just in the sight of...Read More
Author: Metin Bozdas
- Muslims in the West need to be vocal
- Good news follows some bad news
- IFAM launches Islamic Quiz program 2017
- Aspiring leaders Umrah tour 2017
- Amity College continues its strong academic tradition
- Andalusia – Granada and the Alhambra
- Muslim registry: an attack on Accessible America
- SAMAA harbour cruise and upcoming Mehfil-e-Qawwali
- Free serve of tennis to Muslim women and girls
- Simple lifestyle essential for successful leadership
- Australia’s biggest halal expo ever!
- Australia, where’s the love?
- IFAM explains Islam to festival-goers