Imagine one day going to pick up your children from school and by the time you come back home, in a matter of 45 minutes, the house and all your belongings have been engulfed by flames and you suddenly find yourselves homeless.   

This is exactly what happened to the Saleh Family. 

On the afternoon of Tuesday, 24 April 2018, the Saleh family lost everything and returned home to find police and fire brigade crew around their home.  Their beloved cat perished in the fire.  

The fire is not thought to be suspicious and at this stage, a faulty power board is suspected of being the cause of the fire.  

The City of Whittlesea has been very responsive in ensuring the family have emergency accommodation and food during this time of crisis. 

The news of the house fire was also announced to the Muslim community in Melbourne’s outer north who have since launched a GoFundMe page to support the family as they get back on their feet, starting from scratch.

The Saleh family is part of the Al Siraat College community and had just earlier this year moved to a new area to be closer to the school in Wollert. 

This will be a difficult time for the family of four as they rebuild their lives so the community is encouraged to help as much as they can and give generously.

In the lead up to Ramadhan, it’s a truly a blessing that no family members were hurt.

Please keep the Saleh family, Sister Jedda, Brother Dilla and their two children in our duas. 

Donations can be made via the GoFundMe link below; 

https://www.gofundme.com/the-saleh-family-house-fire